It would be helpful if you shared/re-blogged this, I need some help running this Perch!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: THE PERCH IS LOOKING FOR AN INTERN
If you’ve noticed the inactivity of this blog, please allow that to serve as one of the examples of why The Perch needs an intern.
While The Perch can’t offer money to this intern, nor to itself - the hired intern will receive payment in the form of free bookmaking education, a seat at every Perch dinner, various opportunities to interact with Chicago artists and institutions, as well as access to my bookmaking equipment and some supplies.
- | Must be 21+
- | Must know how to use social networking sites very well
- | Must be pursuing something other than interning at The Perch
- | Must be at least somewhat familiar with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- | Must demonstrate carefulness when folding paper and using other delicate things
- | Must be eager to learn
- | Must know how or be willing to learn how to start a fire
- | Must not say or think the words, “Pilsen, where’s that again?”
- | Must be good or willing to get better at saying “no” to things you don’t want to do.
For those interested, please attach a resume that includes your age, past work, school experiences, and other awards/achievements to thechicagoperch [at] gmail [dot] com, with the body of your e-mail stating:
-why you would want to intern at The Perch,
-why now is a good time to do it for you,
-any experiences you’ve had that make this one make more sense,
-and exactly what you think you would get out of this experience.
and the subject heading as “I want to be that intern.”
I’d like to short-list these applications and have meetings starting next Wednesday, looking forward to hearing from you.